For those of you who aren't aware, there's a Canadian federal election coming up in exactly one week. Technically, the voting procedure for Canadians overseas is a relatively simple one: you send in a form requesting a ballot, the government sends one, and you mail it back to Ottawa in time for election day. I faxed in my request form nearly three weeks ago and have not yet received my ballot, and I'm beginning to get a little antsy, given that my filled in ballot needs to be back in Ottawa in exactly one week, and I have zero faith in Canada Post (I swear, somewhere in the head office of Canada Post, there is a box full of mail that I've sent over the years that just never made it to its final destination). At first I thought that maybe the postman was witholding my mail (since I've actually been having a hard time getting my mail since moving into my new home), but I've spoken with a bunch of other Canadians who have also not yet received their ballots. There was a rumour floating around that we'd be able to just cast a vote at the embassy, but that did in fact turn out to be a rumour. I'm just a little ticked off, especially since I'm meant to be throwing a Canadian Election Party(!) next week, and it seems a little ridiculous that the organizer of such an event didn't even vote!
In other news, I've been in Paris for just over a month now, and to be honest, life here is a lot like life in Toronto: I wake up, brush my teeth, go to school, blah blah blah...the only thing that is remarkably different is that I've begun to shower in the morning instead of at night (this is a big change for a girl who has ALWAYS been a night time bather) and I tend to wear high heels a lot more here than I do at home.
Speaking of high heels, Paris fashion week (pret à porter for spring 2009) just ended. I didn't get to do as much fashion stalking as I had hoped to, but I did manage to convince a friend to come with me to the Tuileries for an afternoon to skulk around the tent where the Christian Lacroix show was taking place. While we didn't actually see anything inside of the tent, we did spot a number of très fashionable people wearing crazy high heels (photos to come), some very skinny girls (we assumed they were models or wannabe models), and some very well dressed security guards.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment