Today I met up with a few of my classmates for an afternoon picnic in the parc des buttes Chaumont. The weather in Paris has been really nice over the last week (unlike the first week that I arrived and it rained every day), so it was a pretty ideal day for a day in the park. If someone were to listen in to the conversations that we were having, they would have probably thought that we were crazy, as the language kept jumping from English, French, and German.
While there, we were sitting not too far from a group of men who were having what appeared to be a stag party for one of their members. We had the pleasure of watching the poor guy get the worst makeup job I've ever seen, and forced into black stockings, a nun's habit, and handed a copy of the Bible, and a leather whip. It was quite a spectacle, although I'm pretty sure that if I were a parent, I would have covered my child's eyes. In any case, the man-nun actually seemed to be having a pretty good time (there was undoubtedly a good amount of alcohol involved), and he even asked to have his photo take with us, although he insisted that it be an all female shot.
Overall, things are going well in Paris... except for the petit problème that my computer repairman has just informed me that he can't repair my laptop...
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment